A society founded in 1936 to study philatelic and postal patterns connected with Russia, past and present.
When you join the BSRP you become a member of a world-wide community of philatelists who collect and study the stamps and postal history of the Russian philatelic area. Whether you are a general stamp collector or an enthusiast with a specific interest in any of the specialist fields, you will find the Society invaluable, both as a resource for seeking information and a platform for contact with like-minded collectors.
The “Russian philatelic area” is a vast political/geographic/historic field including:
- Imperial Russia – From the pre-stamp era through to the Civil War.
- Civil War period, the RSFSR,
- Ukraine and the Transcaucasian Republics 1918 – 1923.
- USSR – 1923-1990
- The “New Republics” of the former Soviet Union from 1990 to the present.
- The Kingdom of Poland
- The Grand Duchy of Finland
- The Baltic states: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.
- The Zemstvo Posts
- Russia used abroad: China, Levant, Crete
- Occupation Issues: WW1 and WW2
- Military philately: from the Napoleonic campaign through to the present day
- Social philately
- Cinderella Material