Reply To: FIRST ZOOM MEETING – DETAILS

Caroline Lee
Keymaster
A BIT ABOUT OUR PRESENTERS…
Ivo Steijn – Postmarks of the Crimea and some postal history. Ivo works as a director for a bank in California and lives in Los Angeles. His collecting interests include Crimean postmarks, Siberian postal history of the Civil War period, and various post-Soviet states like Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Turkmenistan. He has been a BSRP member since the late 19th century (only a slight exaggeration!) and has fond memories of the meetings at the Union Jack Club, back when he still lived in the Netherlands.
Howard Weinert – Sakhalin. Howard is Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. He has been a member of BSRP for 50 years and counting (recruited by John Lloyd). He collects covers in the following areas: Russia’s Pacific coast (Sakhalin, Kamchatka, Vladivostok, etc.), American and British intervention in the Russian Civil War, American diplomats and travelers in Russia, WW2 Arctic convoys, and Romanov family mail.
Neil Ritchie – WW1 censor marks of Vladivostok and surrounding area 1914-1920. I’m a retired Architect living in Sheffield UK. My collecting interests include WW1 Russian and Finnish censorship marks, Allied Intervention into Russia, WW2 Pictorial Soviet Fieldpost stationery, Latvian Ruble period 1918-1922, Poland (mainly 1944-45 plus a few other periods).
In addition, I have put together a collection of WW1 Canadian Military 1914-1919 from mobilization, the first contingent, the western front, Canadian military railways in France and finishing with their part in the Allied Intervention into Russia. I own an undeveloped collection of the Spanish Civil War and I am the editor of the Spanish Study Circle magazine “Espana”, in spite of knowing very little about Spanish Philately, but it’s a quick way to learn.
I was introduced about ten years ago to the BSRP by Edward Kempla and managed to attend some of the pre-Covid London meetings .
MEETING 14 MARCH AT 7.30PM (GMT)
1. Address and welcome by Neil Ritchie, President BSRP
2. Ivo Steijn – Postmarks of the Crimea and some postal history
3. Howard Weinert – Sakhalin
4. Neil Ritchie – WW1 censor marks of Vladivostok and surrounding area 1914-1920