FIRST ZOOM MEETING – DETAILS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Caroline Lee
      Keymaster
      Something new for most of us, an online meeting, please dial in and together lets all learn as we go along!
      Our first ZOOM meeting will be on SUNDAY 14 MARCH AT 7.30PM GMT
      (time zone converter will tell you what time it is, local time)
      AGENDA
      1. Address and welcome by Neil Ritchie, President BSRP
      2. Ivo Steijn – Postmarks of the Crimea and some postal history  
      3. Howard Weinert – Sakhalin 
      4. Neil Ritchie – WW1 censor marks of Vladivostok and surrounding area 1914-1920

HOW TO JOIN THE MEETING

Click on this link and follow simple instructions
      https://zoom.us/j/92711123327?pwd=QjVIK1BadDl2ZWlNdFdtVzBhU3hzUT09

Meeting ID: 927 1112 3327
      Passcode: 340055

This link and codes are the same for the first 12 meetings.
      LOOKING FORWARD TO ‘MEETING YOU’ on the 14th.
      A date for your diary
      The APRIL meeting will be on the 11 APRIL AT 7.30PM (GMT)

Caroline Lee
      Keymaster
      A BIT ABOUT OUR PRESENTERS…
      Ivo Steijn – Postmarks of the Crimea and some postal history. Ivo works as a director for a bank in California and lives in Los Angeles. His collecting interests include Crimean postmarks, Siberian postal history of the Civil War period, and various post-Soviet states like Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Turkmenistan. He has been a BSRP member since the late 19th century (only a slight exaggeration!) and has fond memories of the meetings at the Union Jack Club, back when he still lived in the Netherlands.
      Howard Weinert – Sakhalin. Howard is Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. He has been a member of BSRP for 50 years and counting (recruited by John Lloyd). He collects covers in the following areas: Russia’s Pacific coast (Sakhalin, Kamchatka, Vladivostok, etc.), American and British intervention in the Russian Civil War, American diplomats and travelers in Russia, WW2 Arctic convoys, and Romanov family mail.
      Neil Ritchie – WW1 censor marks of Vladivostok and surrounding area 1914-1920. I’m a retired Architect living in Sheffield UK. My collecting interests include WW1 Russian and Finnish censorship marks, Allied Intervention into Russia, WW2 Pictorial Soviet Fieldpost stationery, Latvian Ruble period 1918-1922, Poland (mainly 1944-45 plus a few other periods).
      In addition, I have put together a collection of WW1 Canadian Military 1914-1919 from mobilization, the first contingent, the western front, Canadian military railways in France and finishing with their part in the Allied Intervention into Russia. I own an undeveloped collection of the Spanish Civil War and I am the editor of the Spanish Study Circle magazine “Espana”, in spite of knowing very little about Spanish Philately, but it’s a quick way to learn.
      I was introduced about ten years ago to the BSRP by Edward Kempla and managed to attend some of the pre-Covid London meetings .
      MEETING 14 MARCH AT 7.30PM (GMT)
      1. Address and welcome by Neil Ritchie, President BSRP
      2. Ivo Steijn – Postmarks of the Crimea and some postal history
      3. Howard Weinert – Sakhalin
      4. Neil Ritchie – WW1 censor marks of Vladivostok and surrounding area 1914-1920
      Caroline Lee
      Keymaster

Presenters – please be aware of Zoom’s terms of service, particulalry with regard to copyright material https://zoom.us/terms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.