"Memelland ist frei" overprints

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BSRP 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

BSRP
    Keymaster

I have now seen at least four different productions of the infamous : the one shown in Michel, with the stag’s horn: and at least three other, different local productions. Does anyone know of a catalog in which these are listed?”

Peter Chadwick pvchadwick@gmail.com

BSRP
    Keymaster

Roger and Sue Castle

March 5 2013 (17:51)

I have no info. on the overprints only that the ‘overprinted stamps were not produced by the Reich Postal Administration – Post Office Memel’. but I have a list of the 6 cachets used during this period. Let me know if you would be interested I will e-mail.

BSRP
    Keymaster

P Chadwick

August 24 2013 (15:28)

Thank you very much. I am sorry it has taken so long to reply. Today is the very first time I have been able to access the web site! Caroline kindly posted the original enquiry! Yes please, I would like to see your six cachets. Thank you. I am Peter Chadwick, pvchadwick@gmail.com If you give me your e-address, I will e-mail you with scans of my material. Thanks and regards Peter chadwick

BSRP
    Keymaster

Roger and Sue Castle

April 7 2014 (17:12)

Peter, I am also sorry but I did not expect a reply, I had failed to check for sometime. I will send what I have.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.