PROGRAM FOR OUR NEXT ZOOM MEETING – 9 MAY AT 7.30 BST

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Caroline Lee
      Keymaster
      PROGRAM

1. Introduction by host, President of BSRP, Neil Ritchie

2 Ivo Steijn – Azerbaijan, the (re)birth of a new nation, 1992-1994
      Ivo works as a director for a bank in California and lives in Los Angeles. His collecting interests include Crimean postmarks, Siberian postal history of the Civil War period, and various post-Soviet states like Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Turkmenistan. He has been a BSRP member since the late 19th century (only a slight exaggeration!) and has fond memories of the meetings at the Union Jack Club, back when he still lived in the Netherlands.

3. Joseph Taylor – Allied intervention in Russia 1918-1921

Joseph is retired and living in New Haven, USA. Joe joined the BSRP in 2018, contributing an article entitled ‘Allied Intervention in North Russia’ based on an original article in Rossica Journal No. 116, April 1991. which appeared in the 2020 Special Edition No. 110 of the British Journal of Russian Philately.

Joseph has been collecting stamps since April 1964. He started his collection of Allied Intervention in Russia in March of 1981; many of the items from his collection he purchased at two New York City annual stamp shows.
      4. Neil Ritchie – An introduction to the WW1 censor marks of Finland

I’m a retired Architect living in Sheffield UK. My collecting interests include WW1 Russian and Finnish censorship marks, Allied Intervention into Russia, WW2 Pictorial Soviet Fieldpost stationery, Latvian Ruble period 1918-1922, Poland (mainly 1944-45 plus a few other periods). In addition, I have put together a collection of WW1 Canadian Military 1914-1919 from mobilization, the first contingent, the western front, Canadian military railways in France and finishing with their part in the Allied Intervention into Russia. I own an undeveloped collection of the Spanish Civil War and I am the editor of the Spanish Study Circle magazine “Espana”, in spite of knowing very little about Spanish Philately, but it’s a quick way to learn. I was introduced about ten years ago to the BSRP by Edward Kempla and managed to attend some of the pre-Covid London meetings .
      HOW TO JOIN THE MEETING

Click on this link and follow simple instructions
      https://zoom.us/j/92711123327?pwd=QjVIK1BadDl2ZWlNdFdtVzBhU3hzUT09

Meeting ID: 927 1112 3327
      Passcode: 340055
      • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Caroline Lee.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.