ZOOM MEETING SUNDAY 11 APRIL AT 7.30 BST

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Caroline Lee
      Keymaster

Dear Member

DON’T FORGET TO DIAL INTO our monthly online ZOOM meeting, this Sunday, 11 April at 7.30pm BST.
      We had a wonderful response for our last meeting and look forward to welcome our members and guests from Rossica.
      If you are unable to attend, a video copy of the meeting will be available on YouTube a few days after meeting.
      Program and Dial-in details below, we have one change to the program, James Ramsden will be presenting at a later date.
      There will be a Q&A session and we welcome you to join in and ‘chat in realtime’ with members and guests.

PROGRAM
      1. Introduction by host, President of BSRP, Neil Ritchie
      2. Gilbert Rios – Use of paper-seals and free-frank mails in the Imperial Russian Post: positioning and scope
      Now retired, Gilbert was Professor and Head of the Chemical Engineering Department, School of Chemistry, University of Montpellier, involved for over 15 years in various research programs for the European Commission and UNESCO. His main interests are in postal history, primarily Imperial Russia, but also pre-1900’s Swiss philately and German private post and the old states. His Imperial Russia current interest is in the somewhat unfamiliar subjects, such as free-frank mails and paper seals, or volost post offices, while continuing to complete his collection on zemstvo posts and others more classical topics.
      3. Maxime J. Citerne – Three journeys through Imperial Russia, and beyond
      Maxime works in the medical field in Frankfurt, Germany and has recently added a new activity – a professional philatelist. A member of BSRP for 12 years now, Maxime was introduced by a former president Terry Page. Collecting since his youth, his areas of interests are mainly Russian & Soviet philately (with an emphasis on Postal History), philatelic expertizing and ancient numismatics.

4. Neil Ritchie – An introduction to the WW1 censor marks of Finland
      I’m a retired Architect living in Sheffield UK. My collecting interests include WW1 Russian and Finnish censorship marks, Allied Intervention into Russia, WW2 Pictorial Soviet Fieldpost stationery, Latvian Ruble period 1918-1922, Poland (mainly 1944-45 plus a few other periods). In addition, I have put together a collection of WW1 Canadian Military 1914-1919 from mobilization, the first contingent, the western front, Canadian military railways in France and finishing with their part in the Allied Intervention into Russia. I own an undeveloped collection of the Spanish Civil War and I am the editor of the Spanish Study Circle magazine “Espana”, in spite of knowing very little about Spanish Philately, but it’s a quick way to learn. I was introduced about ten years ago to the BSRP by Edward Kempla  and managed to attend some of the pre-Covid London meetings .
      HOW TO JOIN THE MEETING

Click on this link and follow simple instructions
      https://zoom.us/j/92711123327?pwd=QjVIK1BadDl2ZWlNdFdtVzBhU3hzUT09

Meeting ID: 927 1112 3327
      Passcode: 340055
      Our May meeting will be on Sunday 9 May at 7.30pm BST.
      If you require any further information please get in touch.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.